August 18, 2008

Library 204: Day One

I'm so excited to be starting another class - a brand new class! Library 204 - Intro to Reference Services. I have tons of ideas for work that we will be doing together. As usual, I will incorporate blog reflections into the course. It works well for me and I think the students enjoy the reflection and collaboration process as well. Other assignments and projects will be discussed/revealed soon. :)

New students welcome! Returning students -- glad to see you!

2 comments:

RCrow said...

Hello-
I've not really done much blogging. I do read a "French-Word-a-Day" blog written by an American who is now living and raising a family in France and I love to find gardening information. Perhaps I will be able to use this tool for more and better information as time goes by.
Rhonda C.

DJ said...

Hey there.

Thought I'd check in at your blogspot as well. I think I blog more often than I realized. I've recently been offering writing advice to fellow screenwriters at Zhura.com.

Still, blogs aren't my first choice when I'm seeking information because so much of the information seems to be open to "any" editor. Visions of 1984 keep popping in my head, and the changing facts disseminated by the Ministry of Information :}

Stephen Colbert has had an interesting take on the idea of the blog with his definition of the word "Wikiality." You can look it up on Wikipedia - in fact, you are probably already aware of the term because you know way more about this stuff than I do :}

Another problem I've been having has to do with creating a new account and password. I have had to reset my password 5 times in order to leave comments or access my blog - and I swear that I've reset it to the exact same password each time!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning more about the evolution of blogging. It's definitely a crucial part of our future, and I want to keep up with that.

Diane